Each year, SPSF makes dozens of grants to educators in the Spokane School District ranging from $200 up to $2,500.
Grant applications are open now until April 30, 2022 for the 2022 - 2023 school year. After the close of submissions, the Foundation grants committee makes the selection of the successful proposals.
The major criteria used in the selection process include:
- Creative and innovative activity or program
- Goals and measurable outcomes
- Number of students impacted by grant
- Student need based on free and reduced lunch population
- Budget amount
- Completion of previous grant evaluation (if applicable)
At the conclusion of the grant the educator or administrator must provide the SPS Foundation with a written report on the project, including outcomes against goals. Pictures are welcome in order to allow the Foundation the communicate about your project.
If you are an SPS employee, please consider signing up for a recurring monthly donation via payroll deduction. You can find the authorization form on this page under Misc. Deductions Forms.